Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Summer Reading Plans Underway

I am lucky that the middle school that feeds into my new school has an amazing librarian, Emily Pataky (@MrsPatakyReads) and very supportive ELA teachers. I scheduled a time with them to introduce the summer reading program, Wren Reads, to the rising freshmen. Unfortunately, that is the day that my children were ill.
I know time is precious at the end of the year so I snuck into a quiet room and recorded my presentation using the Screencastify Chrome App so the show could go on without me. You can find my presentation and playlist of book trailers below. Students will begin signing up for their books very soon. We're waiting on the announcement of a new administrator and the title he/she chooses.
I sent an email to the upperclassmen today with the Summer Reading Bingo sheet, SYNC YA flyer, and a short video I recorded in Shadow Puppet. I embellished the email with my Bitmoji character to make it more fun and personalized. My next Google Form survey will also feature my character thanks to Alice Keeler's instructions for inserting them into Forms. So fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment