Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Truly Honorable Mention

One of my library role models, Fran Bullington, recognized me on her blog, Informania. I am honored to be on her list of new "media mavens" in South Carolina.

In her post Fran asks her readers to think of their "inspirational finds".

Some of my other SC librarian gurus are Cathy Nelson, Heather Loy, Kelly Knight, Valerie Byrd-Fort and my two district colleagues Monique German and Kristen Hearne. Another name you should remember is Sharon Matney. Sharon was my classmate in the MLIS program at USC. She is finishing up soon and she is phenomenal. You can find her on Twitter @sharonmatney and on Facebook, where she posts some of her work.

4 comments:

  1. Tamara, I was excited to see you mentioned by Fran as a media maven! Your blog is wonderful and it thrills me to see our recent USC SLIS graduates take such a proactive role as 21st century school librarians. You go, girl! :)
    Dr. V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dr. V. I really appreciate you and the other professors at USC for preparing me so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tamara, I'm glad Fran brought your blog to my attention. I've enjoyed reading your past posts and look forward to reading more from you! It is awesome to have so many SC folks blogging and sharing with others!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. My blog roll has become one of my greatest sources of ideas and encouragement. Have been reading and enjoying yours for a while now. also had the pleasure of attending your session at UTC last year. I am glad to contribute in my own, small way.

    ReplyDelete