Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Faculty Book Club: Choose Kind

We had another faculty book club meeting today. We had a great time with the 12 in attendance. This time we talked about Wonder by RJ Palacio.
We listened to the songs from the book and discussed the book. I used these questions on the Wonder web page and a few from the Sharp-Schu Twitter book club meeting to prompt discussion. I printed a copy of the precepts for everyone to take home. There are so many powerful lessons in this book that discussion was lively and engaging. Some of the highlights for me were hearing thoughts from one of our special education teachers and listening to our assistant principal's opinion of how they introduced Auggie to the students and how we would handle a situation like this at our school. I wanted to show the Choose Kind Tumblr, but it is blocked at our school. I did share the link with them and hope they take a look from home.
We will be voting on our next book soon.

1 comment:

  1. great information and inspiration, Also like to admire the time and effort you put into your blog.nice written..I would like to see more posts like this.thanks

    ReplyDelete