Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Infographics Update

We have been steadily working on infographics with my 7th graders. They are amazing me with their creativity and talent. Several students are finished so I wanted to share more of their work. You can see examples on my Flickr photostream here and I've embedded a slideshow of the set below.


This project has been an excellent way to teach citation (and you can see from some of the examples we still have work to do), Creative Commons images, design elements, and research skills. Many students had so many citations that it was on a separate slide. When I printed them on the poster maker I combined the slides, but I didn't include them in the Flickr set.
At the end of this month several students from this class will be presenting to teachers from all over our district about the project. A few teachers have asked me about sharing the details of the project. The classroom teacher and I spoke about it and we wanted to include the students. Many of the students are excited about the project and they are busy planning how they want to lead the session. I will give an update after the presentation. Please enjoy looking at their work and feel free to contact me if I can be of help if you want to give this a try.

5 comments:

  1. Tamara,

    Thanks so much for posting these additional examples. Earlier today I shared the anorexia infographic with a teacher and she is very interested in doing them with her class. I'm excited that I can share even more student work with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome. Please share what your kids put together. I would love to see it.

      Delete
  2. As usual you are so creative. I have been wanting to try Info-graphics all year. They are my favorite learning tool!

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really well done. I was wondering what program or site they used to put them together? How long, start to finish, did they spend on them?
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PowerPoint! They worked on them in a 45 min related class for a week or so. Some took longer than others of course.

      Delete