Thursday, July 11, 2013

Upstate Technology Conference 2013

This week I presented at one of my favorite conferences, the Upstate Technology Conference, organized by Greenville County School District.
With such a young baby at home I could not commit to being there all day both days but I did present two sessions each day.
The first day I was excited to present with my favorite special education teacher, Candace. She teaches the profoundly mentally disabled students in our district. We work together very well and collaborate often. After a conversation about how few technology sessions there are for special ed I convinced her to present some of our projects. She is a genius at adapting lessons and tech tools for her students. We had a fun time presenting together and had lots to talk about with the teachers that came to our sessions.




The second day I shared ways that I've utilized infographics with our students. The sessions were well attended and I was able to chat with a few of the book boot camp participants. We even had a mini Twitter lesson between sessions. Thanks Keri, Carmen and Kathy for introducing yourselves and talking with me.


I missed being able to talk to my friends at lunch and missing out on sessions, but I was happy that I was able to still participate this year. Even if it was for a shorter time.

Now I'm looking forward to the first ever Edcamp SC and the Edtech conference this fall.

3 comments:

  1. Is your child struggling with Math? Are you worried about your child's math gradesas they continue to fall behind?

    TeachMeWell is the answer of your problem: http://www.teachmewell.com/

    TeachMeWell will provide the best value by continuing to develop more learning tools for all children, specially in Math.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been reading your blog for two years now, and I have closely followed your work on infographics with students. I plan on teaching students to create them and present the lesson at a conference. I wanted to see if I could use some information from the PowerPoint presentation you posted above.

    ReplyDelete