Monday, January 28, 2013

Faculty Book Club Meeting: Code Name Verity

We met and discussed Code Name Verity this week. It received mixed reviews from the small group that actually finished reading it. Many teachers did not attend this meeting because they couldn't get interested in the book. I will admit I had to force myself to read it. I had high hopes after reading the Goodreads reviews, but I just could not connect with the character. A few members loved it though.
The small group in attendance decided on the horror genre. I knew that I couldn't convince most of them to read any of the horror that I love with zombies and ghosts so we went with This Dark Endeavor by Kenneth Oppel. This is a title I haven't read yet so I am looking forward to reading this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment