Monday, January 7, 2013

What Are You Reading?

I've followed the weekly meme started by Teach Mentor Texts for months and I've resolved to try to participate this year. I usually post about library lessons instead of books. I'm a horrible book reviewer. I either love or hate something and I'm not good at explaining why, but I thought I could participate in this without having to write reviews.

This weekend I finished Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion. I love zombie books and while technically about a zombie, this book is very different. It is a zombie romance. Yes, that's right. Sounds crazy, but it was better than I expected. Here is the movie trailer that explains it a little better. It opens Feb. 1st, just in time for Valentine's Day. Looking forward to seeing this one with several of my other zombie-loving friends. I will not be buying this one for my school library, however.


Also picked up 100 Best Books for Children by Anita Silvey from the public library. I like to check books out from the library before I commit to buying them. I've been burned too many times with professional books. I think this one will be a winner because it is often mentioned on Twitter.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, good. More zombie books. Sigh! May have to pass on this since it was labeled "adult" at my public library. Don't know that my undead loving readers are quite looking for a romance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I wouldn't recommend for a middle school but it was entertaining.

      Delete