Monday, January 14, 2013

Treat Tuesday: How Many Jelly Beans?

To celebrate Treat Tuesday, started by Shannon Houghton, my son and I read How Many Jelly Beans? by Andrea Menotti, illustrated by Yancey Labat.

I heard about the book on Watch. Connect. Read. and knew right away my son would love it. You can visit the book's site to get free printables and lesson ideas. The book is a fun way to learn counting and understand large numbers. The fold out at the end for 1,000,000,000 never fails to impress my son and your young students will love it too. We have a copy at my school and we're using it for a 100th day of school lesson with my special education students. Of course, the snack for this book is JELLY BEANS! 

I highly recommend Starburst jelly beans or my seasonal favorite, Sweet Tart jelly beans. My sister and I stock up every Easter. Alas, they are not in stores yet.
Here's the view from my lap:)


No comments:

Post a Comment