Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Treat Tuesday

Now that I've resolved to participating in "It's Monday. What Are You Reading?" I thought I could add "Treat Tuesday" to my week as well. This cute idea comes from Mrs. Houghton. You can see her blog here. I thought I could share my middle grade and professional reading on Monday and share my reading with my son on Tuesday since we often eat and read together.

This week we have read and reread Star Wars: A Galactic Pop Up Adventure by Matthew Reinhart. This pic is of my son with the book and our chocolate chip wookiee cookies. Here is an interesting interview with the author. I recommend the Star Wars cookbooks and the Star Wars Origami book if you have students that are fans of the series.

This book is really amazing. First of all I was surprised at how thick it was when it came in the mail. Each page not only has one large pop up, but it has little side pockets with one or more pop ups included. It was the most intricate pop up book I've ever seen. A true work of art. 


No comments:

Post a Comment