Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Free Books for Summer Lunch

This blog post from Donalyn Miller fell into my lap just as we were planning summer reading events. This was a great reminder to try to make access to books as easy as possible for our students. Our district decided to offer a free summer lunch program again this year so I partnered with our Family Services department to purchase books for a free book table at those lunch locations.
We were able to give away over 1,000 books this summer.
Here are my children helping me restock the table.


With the help of the Beta club at Wren High we were able to give away hundreds just at our location.
I was lucky enough to snap a pic of our first customers at Wren High.

Here are some of the new titles we purchased with the help of Family Services.

I hope to continue this next year. Some of the left over books and recent donations are going towards a library Trunk or Treat for our Sertoma club. Instead of candy, you'll get a free book at our car. I'll share pics later.

No comments:

Post a Comment